719 Leonhardt Rd
Working under the guidance of the Director of Finance and Financial Reporting, you will serve as Fortive's global technical accounting resource, supporting both Corporate and OpCo initiatives, and assist in the preparation of Fortive's SEC filings. As the Senior Technical Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for researching, consulting on, and documenting technical accounting and reporting issues as they arise and drafting the related disclosures. You will also be responsible for establishing, maintaining and communicating global accounting policies. You will serve as a key technical resource on complex accounting transactions, including goodwill and intangible asset impairment testing, segment analyses, acquisition accounting, treasury-related transactions, and other annual and ad hoc technical evaluations. You will be responsible for the implementation of new accounting standards and updates and identifying and resolving technical accounting matters involving statutory audits. Career progression opportunities exist within the Corporate finance group as well as within the finance groups of our operating companies (\"OpCo's\").
Candidate Profile and Responsibilities:
* Serve as expert on US GAAP technical accounting matters
* Partner with Fortive's Corporate Controlling function and OpCo finance and accounting teams to identify, research, resolve, and communicate findings on accounting-related questions regarding business transactions while maintaining compliance with US GAAP
* Assist in the preparation and review of Fortive's SEC filings
* Undertake special projects to support Corporate initiatives as needed, including acquisition and treasury-related transaction accounting, and assist in the preparation of ad-hoc requests for analyses and information
* Understand and evaluate new accounting pronouncements and their impact on the organization, successfully implement any necessary process changes, enhancements, or IT solutions, and draft any related disclosures
* Maintain and enhance Fortive's accounting policies and procedures manual
* Complete Fortive's annual technical accounting processes, including goodwill and intangible asset impairment testing and segment analyses.
* Serve as the Corporate point of contact for statutory audits, resolving local GAAP and IFRS technical accounting issues.
* Work closely with the external auditors to resolve complex accounting issues
* Lead and/or participate in the continuous improvement of Fortive's finance processes, utilizing the Fortive Business System (FBS)
Lead your professional and career development:
* Stay current on accounting, auditing and regulatory matters and changes in technology and related subjects
* Learn the key drivers of Fortive's operations
* Understand and contribute to the execution of Fortive's strategic objectives
Our successful candidate will be a seasoned professional with excellent knowledge of US GAAP and have experience working through complex transactions; SEC reporting experience is strongly preferred. Further, our candidate will be an excellent communicator, intellectually curious and have a strong work ethic. Our candidate will be an independent thinker and self-starter with the bandwidth to manage competing priorities and work on several key projects at a given time. Our candidate will have the ability to participate in spirited give-and-take discussions about their work and be a team player who will \"do what it takes\" to get the job done. It is important that our candidate have strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with people at multiple levels throughout our organization, including Fortive's Chief Accounting Officer, Treasurer, Group CFOs, and OpCo leadership.
To be a good fit for this opportunity, you will also have/be:
* BS or BA Degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA designation required
* Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, with industry experience preferred
* Solid technical background in US GAAP, SOX, and ability to research, understand and communicate complex technical issues in an effective manner. SEC reporting experience is also preferred
* Ability to assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements OpCo's and consolidated financial statements in a highly accurate and timely manner
* Operate in a way that never compromises ethics and integrity
* Be comfortable working in a high-energy, quickly changing and dynamic environment
* Detail-oriented with the objective of consistently delivering high quality work products, while being able to step back to see the big picture
* Strong global business perspective with understanding of a multinational organization with multiple business units is preferred
* Customer focused in terms of providing timely and accurate financial information
* Process-oriented with an ability to communicate goals, accomplishments and next steps at all stages of a project
* Have strong quantitative and analytical skills as well as excellent written, oral and presentation skills
* Ability to travel to domestic and international locations periodically, typically less than 20%* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...